Monday, January 30, 2012

Turning 30!

Today I'm 30!
Turning 30 is an occasion when you take stock of all accomplishments in your life...
Then, I must say I'm not very happy getting older.
When I was a child, I thought by the time I'd reach the age of 30, we'll be traveling to other planets... I thought I'd work as an astrophysician or some other boring and important jobs like that, and I'd drive a moon bugy (like the one James Bond steals in Diamonds Are Forever), and I'd be married to a martian who I would make aliens with...
Reality is so much different!
I just carry on doing shit jobs. I have a bicycle. And looking at my love life, I don't predict any birth coming soon. (Yeah you can tell it, my life sucks!) In fact I'm not doing anything of my life at all, that's why I can't enjoy turning 30 cause I haven't done anything constructive yet!
Shit, I've wasted my time!!

Luckily I'm having a 10years extension! Phew!! Saved!! Thanks goodness!!

Yes, considering things have changed, nowadays, that means I still have 10years to build this "happy" way of life I dreamt about when I was a child.

You've heard things have changed, don't you?
Stuff like: - Thursday night is the new Saturday night (20sthg people prefere partying on Thursdays rather than Saturdays cause there are too many 40sthg people in clubs on Saturdays)
- 80's kids are the new hippies (leather jackets and skinny jeans have replaced baja jackets and flare trousers)
- and 30 is the new 20 (because we live longer, etc.)
(I'm stopping the list here, can't bother thinking of more than 3 exemples)

So yeah, things have changed and I'm lucky enough to be born in the early 80's, so I'm turning 30 right at the good time, just when the twenties are sliding into the thirties therefore I'll have 2 decades instead of one!! Don't know if my explaination's clear enough... I don't think it is, but hope you'll get my point and understand why I'm still having ten more years to do the things I haven't done before turning 30! ;-)

Philippe Katerine - J'ai 30ans!




Another thing: Let's stop asking kids what they wanna be when they grow old. It's fucking stupid!! Why planning things such a long time in advence?
Only bringing disappointment when they grow up, and realise they can't get it cause the world has changed (different fashions, different ways of life), this is evolution! By the time they arrive to what they dreamt, it's not contractual anymore!!! The dreams we put in their minds today will mostly not be realistic anymore tomorrow!!! Like me and my futuristic vision of the future when I was a kid...
Though, I was quite clever cause I had considered the evolution fact, but not the right way because I thought technology would send us in different world with spaceships, etc., but in fact technology has only sent us in the virtual world of the Internet! Bleh, that'll teach me to dream too big!

No comments:

Post a Comment