Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Satanic Twins

First of all, I'd like to say a big thank you for visiting my blog, because I've had unusual amount of visitors in the past 3 days... That's great, it made me happy to see that. I just don't get it... I have posted stuff that were better, in the past, and what I'm writing lately isn't good, but I'm not gonna try to understand, maybe it just means I should "talk" to Bowie more often then! ;-)

Okay, back to today's song... You've certainly already heard the band 'Of Montreal' is back!!!
When I tell you they're back, I don't just mean they're having a new forthcoming album soon (Paralytic Stalks, to be released on February 7th), no, I really mean they're back!!! How exciting!!!
Careful, I'm not saying the 3 last albums were bad though!! An Of Montreal album is always quality music and so interesting by its complexity. I all loved them in a different way. But the next one promise me to be totaly fucking great... I feel the same connection I had to 'Satanic Panic in the Attic' and 'Sunlandic Twins' and I've only been listening to this one teaser track: Dour Percentage. Oh my dear!! It's glam-pop at its awesomeness this song..., it's like they've taken all the best things I like in music and put them in a shaker... and a tasty mixture came out.

They're feeding my brain through my ear... and all my favourite ingredients are in, so it tastes delicious to me, with big flavours of Os Mutantes, a spoonful of 80's sounds, a pinch of ska, and two cups of Bowie intonations in KB's voice (oh, the sweet voice of KB. It became familiar to my hear through the years, a bit like a sugar addiction). But anyway, it might taste different to you, so to know it, you've to listen (the same way you don't know if you like spinach before you give it a try).

Dour Percentage
< (this is downloadable for free because Santa's told me you didn't have enough presents at Christmas so he's decided to give you an extra one) Ah la la, I can't wait for April now... Yeah, new album means, new tour!!! °‿° Check what's the closest town to yr house where they're coming to play and book tickets, I can't give you better advice, because even if you don't like their music more than that, you'll love the show!!! I promise you!!! I've seen them 4 or 5 times already and it's always been a happy time, so theatrical and glam and completely abstract like satanic Barnes brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment