Sunday, January 08, 2012

Happy 65th birthday dear major Tom!




Ground Control to Major Tom...
Ground Control to Major Tom...
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on.

Ground Control to Major Tom...
Commencing countdown, engines on.
Check ignition and may God's love be with you

One, Two, Three, Four,..., Sixty-five! ;-)

This is Ground Control to Major Tom...
You've really made the grade!
And the papers want to wish you a happy 65th birthday!
Also want to say a massive thank you for all your ace songs.
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare
Cause it's been too long since we've last seen you on a stage!

Well, so many people are dreaming of a possible come back... to be honest, even if you're one of the artists I'd like to have the chance to see one day, Mr Bowie, I don't mind... I'm already happy you sung a song with my name ;-)
Of course, I'm concious it rather was somebody-else-called-like-me's name... but, it's my right to pretend!!! So I'm pretending... Hey, that's what the song's asking anyway: "Julie, pretend for me..." ;-)



Don't worry people, I'm also perfectly conscious of the fact I'm only writing on my blog and not talking to David Bowie. We all know he'll never read this, but still I'm pretending... ;-)
No, I'm not insane. Or I might be fractionally insane yeah, and deal with it, cause that who I am!!

So again, a very happy 65th birthday to David Bowie, who's 'not a prophet or a stone age man,just a mortal with the potential of a superman'.



And as a little bonus, here are some pictures of David Bowie doing 'normal' stuff like going to the museum, food-shopping, pouring himself a drink, playing bowling, exercising, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment