Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Falafels and cold coffee...

Silly title but I didn't have anything else in mind than what I am actualy eating and drinking!

So... this post is just a little report of my week-end's gigs:

On Saturday evening, went to see a friend's band in Camden Town, playing in a bar called "Camden Rock", simple and efficient name but definitely not the best bar in Camden.
I'm not gonna make any report about that friend's band but about one of the band playing after them... a teenagers band (they were looking so young... around 15, I would say) and really I didn't know if I felt like laughing or having pity for them!!! If I closed my eyes I was at a Foals gig! So exactely the same songs, but with different lyrics. And a bass player with a Sid Vicious' style, a guitariste with a Klaxons' style and the singer... ? try to guess... ??? No not Foals... try again... ???... surprisingly the band I thought about when I saw him was Korn, not really cause he had the exact look, but imagine Jonathan Davis singing in Foals and now you understand how I felt! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... ha.

On Sunday evening I've seen 3 bands playing at the Garage, on Highbury corner, a very good venue! I didn't know the first band playing, Deep Cut, and don't want to know more about them, it was so bad!!!!!!!!!! Gosh! Made me wish I was deaf and blind!
Then arrived on stage the very pretty Veronica Falls. James had swaped his Built To Spill tee-shirt for a marin one and Tricky had swaped his funny short trousers for a pair of jeans. ;-) They had better sound than last week at the Macbeth and I just enjoyed the entire set! They're my new fav band of the moment! I'm just waiting so much for a first EP... when? when? when?
And after that, a fantastic set by Crystal Stilts!!! I don't have to tell more about this band, just that if you don't know them yet, you've to go and buy the CD!


On Monday evening, I've seen Theoretical Gilr and Horse and Condor. A great evening wasted because of me and my mood! Why do I let everything affect me like that! I should just ignore!!!
Arrived early, met some friends had a drink, a couple of fags, and we went to see the support band Horse and Condor. Had another drink, enjoyed the gig, received 3 text messages and had a balloon landing on my head. Was my first time seeing Horse and Condor and that was good! very good! Just next time, I'll turn my mobile off before it turns my mood down! Then, had a 3rd glass of wine (trying to shift my mood back to good again), another fag, another text message. Then came an "overemotional" Amy on stage. Was a bit too much but we forgave her, was her night after all! And it didn't waste the set at all. It's just me, I don't like people who tell about their personal life on stage (cause, hey, there's blogs for that! ;-)). So yeah, her set was very good too! She started with a beautiful cover of Big Stars' Thirteen. And as I'm in love with Big Star since my teenage years, I could just appreciate! Made me feel a bit euphoric or was it the boose? Then I had to go out while she was playing Rivals, to answer the bloody phone (I wish I had not! My mood was definitely down down down, deeply going underground). Then I watched the end of the gig and staid at the Lexington with my friend to get drunk until 2am (Not the clever thing to do when you work and have to be up at 6am on the next day! Arrhhh...)

Next gig: ??? well, I don't know... I've got a tix to see Deerhunter next Monday but maybe there will be another one before... who knows? That's why we love to live in London! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment