Sunday, August 02, 2009

Every Barbie’s got her Ken, mine is Stringfellow!

The song I’ve got in mind today is a song by The Diciplines, it's called: Yours For The Taking, it's on the album Smoking Kills.
I can already hear some people asking : «Who are they?»
Well, they are Ken Stringfellow ‘s new band!!!
«Who’s Ken Stringfellow?» keep asking the ignorants…
Ken Stringfellow, the Posies, I could dream all day, I guess you're right, ect. does it talk to you now?!

Hmm… Ken… ;-)
I’ve met him once… well not really "met" him, I’ve rather "seen" him to be exact…
Was in Paris, last January, on Saturday 31st, the day just after my sadest birthday…exactly on the same day I saw Jarvis Cocker!!! How odd is that…???!!!
Can you imagine meeting the 2 most sexy guys of the planet (according to me) on the same day!!! Isn’t it very weird? I wasn’t even supposed to be in Paris that day! I just went there because I broke up with my boyfriend and my brother offered me to come to see Of Montreal with them to cheer me up (this Of Montreal show was very grand by the way)…
So I wasn’t really in the mood but I jumped in the Eurostar, met my sister in law for a bit of shopping and then we joined my brother who was in a café with two of his friends.
After a couple of drinks and an animated conversation about the Zombies where I managed to sell my spare ticket to his friend, we saw Ken Stringfellow!!! Arriving with, who I suppose were, his wife and their daughter… Ken Stringfellow!!!
My sister in law said she were used to fancy him and I totaly agree with her, he's very sexy!
Hmm… Ken Stringfellow…! ;-)
Then, we went to the Bataclan, and just before the gig starts I went to the bathrooms and when I came back, my brother told me : «look who’s over there!» so I had a look and couldn’t see anything unusual so I asked : «what? where?» and he said : «This is Jarvis Cocker, just here, in the audience»
It was Jarvis indeed!!!! Hmm… Jarvis… ;-)
A sexy bearded Jarvis Cocker standing just two or three steps from us… :-)
So yeah, life can be very odd like that sometimes, in my 'Barbie world'!


Even sexy dressed as a sweeper...


1 comment: