Friday, October 16, 2009

It's all about a whale... (she's feeling lonely in the sea...)

Hi everyone!
I haven't posted anything for a while now... I'm not updating this blog very seriously anymore, oops! When I started it, I promised myself I'd post something once a week... Oops! But here I am!!! I'm back today!
I've just lost myself one more time... how to explain to you?... Seems that anytimes this guy is around I'm not able to be myself anymore... I just turn into a boring mollusc... So I ran away from him, and I promise that from now on, I'll be myself!!
(It makes me sad though, when he's not around :-( but sadness makes us more creative so let's use it, and let's keep busy posting more and more music, and hopefully better days will come soon, I'll find another way to get happy ;-))

So... Once upon a time, a little whale escaped from a puddle to a pond to the sea...
She grew older, collecting lovely shells and racing seahorses, and then she got bored.
She could only feel lonely, despite everybody reminding her that "the sea is full of fishes".
So of boredom she died, all by herself!
And her soul went traveling over the sea of stars and if you listen now, you could hear her singing... singing the lone whale's song.


(Ok, I know, my little story is shit, but I just had this sudden interest for whales and wanted to tell something about a whale so I thought I'd make up a little story...)

I've heard this word at 3 occasions this week. And yet, it's been enough for me to notice it and to decree that there's something a bit odd!
Cause I think you'll all agree with me on saying that this word is not part of our usual everyday vocabulary... except maybe if you work for Seaworld Park, hahaha...
So, it started on Friday, I was listening to Modest Mouse's last album (No One's First And You're Next) and the best song on it is called "The Whale Song"
Then, on Tuesday, I had a chat about a film about whale hunting.
And finally today I went to a pub and on the wall was a picture of a whale!!!
Plus this morning I've randomized my music player and the first song coming out was the ELO's song, The Whale.
So yeah, it is quite odd, isn't it? And now I had to tell something about a whale, about all the whales!... about all the whales I've on my music library... there's not that much, just 5... but feel free to comment on this post to complete the list with your whale's songs everyone...

The Whale Song - Modest Mouse
The Whale - Electric Light Orchestra
Northern Whale - The Good The Bad And The Queen
Whale In The Sand - The Brunettes
Modern Baleine - Les Rita Mitsouko





(COMING SOON... I pomise I'll take 5 minutes to post the playlist ;-)
No, I really promise I'll post it today,... could even be now, I don't know, cause I still have 1hour before my appointment, but I feel lazy... ages I didn't have a real day off, so... ;-))

No comments:

Post a Comment