Wednesday, December 01, 2010

I'm going christmas shopping, you're going christmas shopping, we're going...

Go hide yourself, Christmas is here!!!
Or as Allan said: it will be here soon!... Very soon indeed, before we know it...

Yes!!!! It's bloody annoying Christmas... Again!!!!! pfff...
Yes, as usual, we'll be soon rushing like a dog with his tail on fire, doing the last-minute shopping... And we'll finally get stressed and end up buying presents we'd promised ourself we'd avoid this year...
So I decided to relieve myself of all this usual painful waste of time and energy. I'm gonna follow Allan's advice and buy shitty presents now!! Thank you Allan! What would we do without you?!!! :-)

But really, I do believe it would make my christmas shopping more bearable if they stopped playing these horrible christmas carols and other Sinatra's style christmas songs in every single shops!!!!! (I've got sensible ears and this shit makes me want to puke!!!!!) urgh!!!!
Don't you think it'd be nice to hear... hmmm... I don't know... What about Sufjan Stevens (Get Behind Me Santa), or Belle&Sebastian (Twelve Days Of Christmas), or The Kinks (Father Christmas), or Snow Patrol (Just Like Christmas), or The White Stripes (Candy Cane Children), or The Waitresses (Christmas Wrapping), or The Beach Boys (Merry Christmas Baby), or Burt Bacharach (The Bell That Couldn't Jingle), etc. etc. etc.

Or even if I could hear more often Wonderful Christmastime (McCartney) instead of the usual War Is Over (Lennon) - not that it's not a great one but we'll hear it so many times at this period of the year that it will make me hate this beautiful song at the end!

Oh, and please, PLEASE, PLEEAASE, no more Jingle Bell Rock!!!! NO MORE, ok?!!!!!!

(What christmas song would YOU like to hear? La Companie Creole?... ooch!)

No comments:

Post a Comment